Late Tuesday Update

The forecast discussion was out relatively early, the forecaster who wrote it, in my opinion, is the best of the bunch at that office and I was pleased to read he also feels the 8,000-8,500′ elevation will be the snow level during the day tomorrow. He also talked about the chance for little leftovers in the form of a couple of shortwaves. Based on all of this they did not change the Winter Storm Warning at all. He thought the GFS has been handling the system better overall, so here is the latest GFS from this afternoon.

GFS Precip

111918zgfsprecip.png

GFS snow

111918zgfssnow.png

I have said this storm will be a major test for the new upgraded GFS, it will be interesting to grade it after this storm. I am really rooting for it because it is very bullish on another storm on Monday and Thanksgiving. The Euro has been not nearly as excited about the Monday storm, however, it also likes the Thanksgiving idea. If the GFS is right it is going to be an excellent early start to the ski season!

Click here to donate

 

Click here to contact me

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s