I left off on Tuesday morning with “I will do a full update this afternoon”. Little did I know at the time I would spend all that afternoon and this morning in iPhone upgrade hell, spending most of my time on hold with Verizon. Reduced hours and workforce because of COVID they say. The least they could do is have more hold music. Nope, they had a 45-second instrumental clip of what resembled an old Christina Aguilera song that played over and over and over. Eventually, I would get through to a rep, they would explain that everything was fine on their end of things. They would tell me a thing to try that “should take care of it”. I asked, “what if it doesn’t work?” “Just call back” was their response. Of course, I would have to call back, wait on hold another 45 minutes, listen to the same damn song over and over, then explain everything again to the new person. After 5 or so hours of this, I was exhausted and not in a great mood to put it lightly.
They open at 8 am now, so I started over this morning. Finally, the fourth person I spoke with of the morning figured it out. Do they not all have the same information? Why did I have to speak with 9 different people before someone figured it out?
So that is my excuse…
On to the weather (or lack of), what a great day yesterday! It was definitely a “that’s why we live here” day. The heat is going to return as are isolated high elevation thunderstorms Thursday afternoon. Friday and Saturday the storms should be scattered. What’s the difference? It is coverage. It goes from least likely to most likely.
Isolated, Scattered, Widespread, Likely. I am sure they are developing new classifications as we speak. NOAA loves classifications. We used to have only 3 levels of drought. We never used to name tropical depressions. Not anymore. Why keep things simple when we can complicate things?
So Thursday isolated, Friday and Saturday scattered. The Euro has been trending a little wetter in the last couple of days. The GFS is still wetter than the Euro. The GFS is also still trying to get the monsoonal signature in place as early as late next week. 8-10 days is a little past my comfort zone, especially with the GFS. We will take it when it comes. I do think we will have a better chance at a monsoon season this year than we did last year.
I will update before 9 am Thursday on CAPE values. Thanks for following and listening to my rant!